Lower Back Pain
Did you know that 8 out of 10 adults experience back pain at some point in their lives? Even though it is a common affliction, lower back pain can have a significant impact on your life. While many individuals may reach for over-the-counter or prescription medication to deal with their back pain, chiropractic care can provide the same pain reducing benefit with a drug-free alternative to pain management. Kary Chiropractic in Lake Elmo, MN, offers chiropractic treatment for a range of conditions including lower back pain.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
There are many different conditions that can cause pain in the lower back:
- Injury – A common cause of lower back pain is injury from improper lifting, sports, auto accidents, work-related tasks, or other events that cause strain or trauma to the back.
- Herniated or Bulging Discs – Herniated and bulging discs can cause severe back pain that limits what a person can do.
- Sciatica – When a disc in the back begins pressing on the sciatic nerve in the lower back, this can cause sciatica, which results in pain and numbness that can prohibit walking.
- Strained Muscles – Straining or overextending your back muscles can result in pulls and tears that cause pain and restrict movement.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – Degenerative disc disease is the process of losing disc material in the back, causing upper and lower back pain as well as stiffness.
Chiropractic Treatment Options for Back Pain
Many studies have shown that chiropractic adjustments, or spinal manipulations, work well to help patients reduce and manage lower back pain. Chiropractors will use a range of techniques to treat this pain including manual manipulation, table adjustments, functional technique, and myofascial release. The chiropractor may also use a number of tools, including a traction table, roller tables, or activator adjusting instruments. Massage therapy and acupuncture may also be used in conjunction with chiropractic adjustments to treat lower back pain.
The best treatment options for lower back pain will depend on the patient’s condition and health history. Before recommending a treatment plan, our chiropractor will perform a thorough examination and take a detailed patient history while discussing any concerns a patient may have. After diagnosing the issue, Dr. Kary will recommend a tailored chiropractic treatment plan.
Make an Appointment with a Lake Elmo Chiropractor
Lower back pain doesn’t have to control your life. Get relief with the help of Dr. Josh Kary and his team of professionals at Kary Chiropractic in Lake Elmo, MN. We treat patients for back pain using a range of holistic therapies including chiropractic care, acupuncture, and massage. Set up an appointment today using our online appointment request form or by calling (651) 731-1880.